Article updated at 25 Oct 2019
Subscribe for this article updates
Toradex Wi-Fi/BT enabled SoMs support dual antenna configuration. Dual antenna operation is recommended and default configuration to obtain maximum throughput and stability performance through the usage of MIMO.
If for whatever reason operation with a single antenna is required, please follow this guide.
If this is not the information you are looking for, please, expand the menu below for more WiFi related information.
- Connect the antenna to the port marked AUX,
- It is recommended for the MAIN port to be 50 Ω terminated,
- Follow the "Boot-Time Configuration" or "Run-Time Configuration" procedure below.
- Make sure wifi is not enabled by disabling any connections with connman or whatever other network manager is in use and execute:
$ ip l dev mlan0 down
- Use iw to set the antenna bitmap:
$ iw phy phy0 set antenna 0x02 0x02
- Now you can use Wi-Fi as usual, only the AUX antenna will be used.
Note: If you're only using WiFi in your application, better radio performance can be achieved by connecting antenna to MAIN port and using
iw phy phy0 set antenna 0x01 0x01 command (in this case the AUX port needs to be 50 Ω terminated)