Windows CE Platform Builder Workspace
Microsoft Platform Builder Workspace
Toradex provides the Microsoft Platform Builder workspaces (solution files) which can be used to build an identical image as the pre-built binary images provided by Toradex. However, we recommend to use the binary images and configure them to your needs rather than building your own image. There are many advantages:
- The binary image is tested by Toradex and thousands of customers
- It is easier to upgrade to a newer BSP version since you only have to upload a new binary image instead of building your own image again
- You don't have to buy the Microsoft Platform Builder
- It's not necessary to build your own image if you want add or exclude features. As an example you can disable drivers, install drivers, add other WinCE features like the .NET Compact Framework, disable the explorer (desktop), etc.
- Toradex integrates the Microsoft Windows CE updates into their binary images.