Article updated at 28 Oct 2017
Subscribe for this article updates
We also provide different source code libraries which makes it very easy to use this interface. For more see Toradex Windows CE Features
- The compatible SSP (or SPI) port is located on SODIMM pin 86 (CS), 88 (CLK), 90 (RXD/MISO), 92 (TXD/MOSI)
- SSP port 1 is compatible with all our Colibri modules.
- SSP port 2 is available on Colibri PXA270, Colibri PXA300 and Colibri PXA300 XT but the interface is not compatible.
- SSP port 3 can be used compatible between the Colibri PXA320, Colibri PXA310, Colibri PXA300 and Colibri PXA300 XT.
- SSP port 4 is not available on any module if you use Ethernet.
- up to 4 SPI ports available
- SPI4 is the only port which is compatible to the other Colibri modules. This is true when Colibri is configured as master. When the Colibri is acting as slave, the port is not compatible because MOSI and MISO are swapped on the PXA Colibris.
- up to 5 SPI ports available
- SPI1 is the only port which is compatible to the other Colibri modules. This is true when Colibri is configured as master. When the Colibri is acting as slave, the port is not compatible because MOSI and MISO are swapped on the PXA Colibris.
We can provide a driver to connect an SD Memory Card over an SPI interface. This can be useful if you like to add a second card to the Colibri PXA270. The other Colibri modules have a full second SD card interface. The second SD card interface is not compatible between all the Colibris.
- Colibri PXA320/PXA300 and PXA270 13 Mbit/s
- Colibri PXA310 in master mode 26 Mbit/s
- Colibri T20 50 Mbit/s
- Colibri T30 35 Mbit/s
If the SSP doesn't work, make sure, you enabled the SSP Unit clock otherwise the unit is not clocked at all. Do this in the Clock Manager, see PXA270 Manual Section 3 (CKEN register, Bit 23). #####