This is a beta image, it's not granted that it contains the same components you'll find in the final release images and some features are not supported at the moment.
The image runs on Colibri i.MX7 modules. The image has been tested using the Colibri Evaluation Boards, those are the suggested platforms for experimenting with the image.
The Colibri i.MX7 modules will come with a WinCE license valid for Windows Embedded Compact 2013 and Windows Embedded Compact 7 for free. Some of the early modules will not have the license sticker installed. You are still allowed to use them for tests if order modules you will use for a final product you have to make sure the license sticker is installed. If you are unsure if your next order includes the stickers get in touch Toradex. More details about licensing in this article.
Start Recovery.bat inside the package, you downloaded from our website.
You should see output similar to this
6. Now connect the serial port and start any terminal software. You should see this text "Press [SPACE] to enter Bootloader Menu". Press space now.
7. Press X to enter E-Boot menu.
8. Type "flashloader" and press enter. At this point, it will flash the E-Boot.
9. Power cycle the module. The 1st boot may take some time as its checking NAND.
10. If the module does not boot to E-Boot after 10s look into the chapter -> Restoring config block
11. Type "eraseflash filesystem" and press enter. This will erase the filesystem partition of NAND
12. If the module booted to e-boot you can now type "flashimage nk7.bin" to flash WEC7 or "flashimage nk8.bin" to flash WEC2013.