Article updated at 10 Apr 2018
Subscribe for this article updates
Toradex provides a wide range of standard, off-the-shelf products. If you have some specific requirements and think a custom assembly option of one of our products might be a better fit for you, it is possible. However, having a custom, built-to-order module has some disadvantages, namely:
- Additional initial costs to cover our effort for engineering, production process update, logistics
- New components have a potential higher price due to lower purchasing volumes than the components on our standard versions.
- We don't have stock, all orders are built-to-order
- We don't have stock for RMA exchanges
- Additionally to the extensive in-house testing, our standard configuration are all tested by hundreds of customers, many of them do extensive additional testing for medical, avionics, industrial automation.
For higher volumes, a custom assembly option version might still make sense.
Please contact us if you are interested in a custom built product.