Azurewave AW-CM276NF Wi-Fi & Bluetooth module
The AW-CM276NF is a Wi-Fi & Bluetooth M.2 LGA Type 1216 module. The device is based on the NXP 88W8997 (formerly Marvell 88W8997) chipset and implements the same reference design. For more information about compatible setups please check AW-CM276NF - Azurewave peripheral database.
How to get started
We have a step by step Getting Started Guide for the following modules:
- Colibri iMX6ULL - Basic Wi-Fi usage
- Colibri iMX8X - Basic Wi-Fi usage with Torizon
- Apalis iMX8 - Basic Wi-Fi usage with Torizon
- Verdin iMX8M Mini - Basic Wi-Fi usage with Torizon
After following the step-by-step guide above, you can visit our article WiFi Support on Toradex’s Linux Images with complementary information.
Embedded Linux - Software Support Status
The on-SoM Wi-Fi module has a device driver and corresponding firmware included in our BSP Layers and Reference Images for Yocto Project as well as TorizonCore by default.
- The device driver included in BSP 5 is the Marvell WiFi-Ex driver from Mainline Linux kernel, along with its corresponding firmware.
- Some use cases - such as Wi-Fi client mode + Bluetooth - don't work with this driver. If your use case does not work, please contact our support, as we are doing some tests with the downstream NXP drivers and they seem to work well for some use cases that are not supported by the mainline driver.
Certification documents for Azurewave AW-CM276NF Wi-Fi / Bluetooth module
For information about Certification, please refer to Certification documents for Azurewave AW-CM276NF Wi-Fi / Bluetooth module.
Often, to certify your final product, the regulatory agency will require that you configure the Wi-Fi module in a manufacturing mode. This is only possible with the NXP driver. We are working on documenting it, meanwhile contact our support to learn more.
Wi-Fi certification on Wi-Fi accessories recommended for Toradex modules
For information about RF cables and antennas certification, please refer to Wi-Fi certification on Wi-Fi accessories recommended for Toradex modules.
Radio Frequency Calibration Data
The AW-CM276NF has been calibrated before shipment, and the data has been recorded in the module's OTP memory. That way, it's not necessary to set any calibration data when using it.
Toradex modules with the AW-CM276NF
|System on Module||Product Number||Version|
|Apalis iMX8 QuadMax 4GB Wi-Fi / Bluetooth IT||0037||V1.0A and newer|
|Apalis iMX8 QuadPlus 2GB Wi-Fi / Bluetooth||0048||V1.0A and newer|
|Colibri iMX8X QuadXPlus 2GB Wi-Fi / Bluetooth IT||0038||V1.0A and newer|
|Colibri iMX8X DualX 1GB Wi-Fi / Bluetooth||0051||V1.0A and newer|
|Colibri iMX6ULL 512MB Wi-Fi / Bluetooth IT||0040||V1.1A and newer|
|Colibri iMX6ULL 512MB Wi-Fi / Bluetooth||0045||V1.1A and newer|
|Verdin iMX8M Mini Quad 2GB Wi-Fi / Bluetooth IT||0055||V1.0B and newer|
|Verdin iMX8M Mini DualLite 1GB Wi-Fi / Bluetooth IT||0060||V1.1A and newer|
|Verdin iMX8M Plus Quad 4GB Wi-Fi / Bluetooth IT||0058||V1.0B and newer|
Key features of the AW-CM276NF
- IEEE 802.11ac/a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (supporting both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- Bluetooth 5.0 complaint with Bluetooth 2.1 + Enhanced Data Rate (EDR)
- x2 MU-MIMO
- SDIO 3.0, PCIe, USB 3.0/2.0 interfaces support for WLAN
- USB 3.0/2.0, UART interfaces support for Bluetooth
- High-speed UART, PCM interfaces
- Audio Codec interface support
- Cellular phone co-existence support
- Sub-meter accuracy WiFi indoor locationing (802.11mc)
- Multiple power saving modes for low power consumption
- IEEE 802.11i for advanced security
- Quality of Service (QoS) support for multimedia applications
- AP mode (access point) supported, limited by 8 simultaneous connections to the device